Buyers: Finding a * Condo to Call Home
Buyers: Finding a Condo
Questions to ask yourself as you begin the search for your new condo:
*Is there enough room for you now and in the near future?
* Is the home's floor plan right for your family?
* Is there enough storage space?
* Will you have to replace the appliances?
* Is the yard the size you want?
* Are there enough bathrooms?
Important Advice: As you begin to view condos you it is important to let your agent know what you liked and didn't like about it (even small details). This will enable them to better understand your needs and fine-tune the search so you that you find the condo that you're looking for.
Choosing the right condo community:
* Scout the community in person.
* Talk to people who live there.
* Drive through the entire area at different times of the day -- morning, afternoon, evening and late at night, as well as going during the week and on weekends.
* Look carefully at how well other homes in the area are being maintained; are they painted, are the yards well cared for, are parked cars in good condition, etc.
* Look for things like access to major thoroughfares, highways, and shopping.
* Listen for noise created by commerce, roads, railways, public areas, schools, etc. Smell the air for adjacent commerce or agriculture.
* Check with local civic, police, fire, and school officials to find information about the area. Research things like soil and water.
* Is the neighborhood near parks, recreation centers, shopping, theaters, restaurants, public transportation, schools, etc.